Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tomato Pie

What did you have for dinner tonight?

Random question for a blog huh? Well my husband is in LOVE with tomato pie (thank you Sharon!)
Since we had some AWESOME home-grown tomato's from Elva's garden, it made this pie one of the best one yet!

One of the best things about making this dish is that my kids can help me, and it's so much fun letting them! Tonight only Madison wanted to help:

Madison and Mommy...Such a good little helper

Fresh, homegrown tomato's from Elva's garden (Thanks, Elva!)

The finished product! Yum-O!

Our yummy fresh squash as a side to go with it!

So I know you're reading this post, and are getting very hungry, right? You are asking yourself, how do I make this yummy pie? Well, I'm just going to give you the recipe! ENJOY!

Tomato Pie:

1 package of uncooked pie crust
5-6 Roman tomatoes (they are meater)
1lb bacon
1 small package of green onions (diced) I dice my own
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
1-1 1/2 cups of Mayo

Step One:
Pre-heat oven to 375

Step Two:
Put the pie crust on a pie pan and cook in the oven for 7 minutes, take out and set aside.

Step Three:
Cook bacon in a pan or microwave till crisp. Crumble and set aside.

Step Four:
In a mixing bowl add your mayo, grated Parmesan, and diced up green onions stir intill just mixed, don't
over mix. Set aside.

Step Five:
Slice your tomatoes and put down a layer on your pie crust. Sprinkle a layer of bacon, add another layer
of your mayo mixture, sprinkle another layer of bacon, and repeat till all ingredients are gone.

Bake at
375 for 30 minutes and enjoy!





3 comments:

The Hinojosa Clan said...

I'm not sure where Sharon comes up with half of her recipes, but she hasn't made one single thing yet that I don't LOVE!

Luellens said...

This one is good! One of my favorites!!!

Xazmin said...

Okay, THAT sounds divine! I'm definitely trying it.