Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, April 14, 2008

Break-In!!!

So yesterday, started off like any other Sunday, playing with the kids, making breakfast, watching our Sunday morning program, getting the kids a nap, and then getting ready for church. Clayton and Madison got ready for church, while Grandon and I stayed home, because Grandon is sick, and needed to take a nap, which he had been fighting. So Clayton and Madison left, and Grandon went to sleep, and I laid down on the couch to rest and watch a little TV.

My neighbor came over and visited a little, and then she left, about 20-30 minutes later I heard the side door open, so I thought it was Blanca coming back, but she usually pops her head in and says something, well there was nothing, so I got up quietly and carefully, and saw that someone was trying to break in to our house, mind you Grandon is home asleep. So I yelled at them to get out, so they turned around and ran out of the garage. About 1 1/2-2 hours later, we saw the police racing to the street behind us, they arrested 3 young teenagers in the act of breaking into two different houses, and while arresting those teenagers, they got a call for another break in at the front of our subdivision, and they arrested two more teenagers.

It's so sad that these boys felt the need to violate someone else's home, and to think that it's ok to take something that someone else has worked so hard for. It makes you wonder what kind of up bringing that these boys had. I'm just grateful that they weren't able to steal anything from my house, and hurt us. If Grandon hadn't been sick, then I wouldn't have been home to run them off, and no telling what they would have run off with then. On Friday we had three break in's and my neighbor was one of them, they stole her computer, and kicked in there front door. The police aren't sure if these are the same guys, or if there are two sets of them. We hope they are the same guys.

It was such a scary feeling, and my first instinct was to protect Grandon. I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I ran them off. I didn't know if they had a gun or a weapon at all, but I knew that I had to face them, and get them out of my house, before they could have the chance to get into my house, and to Grandon. Clayton called about 20 minutes after it happened, and then he came home after I told him. I thank GOD for keeping Grandon and myself safe, but I also pray that those boys can find GOD in there lives, and seek forgiveness from him. We were angry at first, but now we are just doing what we need, to get us safe, and taking extra safety precautions.

1 comments:

The Coxclan said...

Wow! That is crazy. I have never been involved in a break in. I always wondered what I would do if that happened. Luckily they were just teenagers and probably just looking for something to steal.