Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Long days and even longer sleepless nights!

OK, so it's been a few weeks since I've wrote anything on here.

Two days ago which I guess would be this past Monday, Grandon fell off a kids shopping cart at the store, and hit the back of his head, he hit it pretty hard too. I would have to say this is for sure the hardest he's ever hit his head, and of course like any two year old would do he screamed his head off, so I quickly checked out and left to go home. Once in the car which was roughly 20 minutes after the fact, we couldn't keep him awake I was trying my best to keep my cool and not go into panic mode, but he wouldn't respond to me for about 1-2 minutes.

Then an airplane flew by and he was like air pane air pane, so I felt better. Got home gave him some Tylenol, and let him take a nap, by this time about 45 minutes had past. He was down for around 30 minutes, and I went to check on him, he was just laying there staring at me, his eyes were glassy and he looked confused on where he was at. I got Clayton, and told him something isn't right I'm calling the doctor, who then told me he needed a CAT scan on his head, and to take him to the ER, so I speed to the ER and on they way there he kept going limp and trying to sleep, so I had to play games with him to keep him awake, so after many hours in the ER we find out that he had most likely a mild concession, so we've had to monitor him for the last 24 hours and make sure he was OK.

We didn't get the CAT scan, because the doctor said that the radiation to the brain causes cancer in 1 and 1,000 children, well those odds were to great for us. Grandon seems great now, he's back to his normal rotten (just kidding) loving wonderful boy self again. That was so scary though, I prayed, I cried, and some how got through it all. You wouldn't think that it would be a big deal, but I've learned that from just a simple fall like that your child can die from it or go into a coma. I've always thought of myself as a mother that most likely worries about her children to much, well now after this I'm for sure a mother who worries about her children WAY tooo much!

0 comments: